Sunday, August 3, 2008

Barack Alpaca?

I have yet to make a donkey to compliment the softie elephant. However, I did manage to figure out an easy, four-panel softie alpaca. If you can make a persimmon, you can make this thing, too.


Please note that this representation of an alpaca in saddle and reins is in no way intended to advocate the riding of alpacas. Alpacas are strictly for being cute and making yarn out of.


This pattern can be considered a vague okaeshi* to Jenny B. Harris, author of Allsorts, who originally made an adorable pattern for a Scottie dog available online, for free, to softie fans everywhere.

I am strongly convinced that the internet needs more free softie patterns.

Both Harris’s Scottie and this llama are built on the same dynamic for four-legged creatures. Two side panels with the proper outline, a belly + inside limbs panel to divide the bottom half into four legs, and a top of the head + inside ears panel to give the head some width and make two ears. Almost any four-legged creature can be made into a simple softie using this approach. Give it a try!

...and, if you do, don't forget to share it with the internet. :D

*
お返し: okaeshi (oh-ka-eh-shee)
1) return of kindness, something done or given in gratitude for a favor
2) revenge, payback
3) change (from cash paid)

13 comments:

Sadah said...

OMG! i love alpacas and llamas. i think im going to go and make one now.

*hums and skips away*

ミJean★Claudeミ said...

カワパカそうわ~!

Ku said...

Make one, make one~!
(And then lemme see, lemme see~!)

ジェアンクロード、自分のブロッグを作りなさい!(見たいのに)

bunbun said...

so kawaii, ku! great job! i love the eyes!

Ku said...

Doumo! I had button eyes on it the first time, and it looked scary as hell. o.o;

zakkalife said...

what a cute alpaca softie!

Patty said...

This is so cute! I just found your blog through Tip Nut and was excited to see all of your patterns. Thank you so much for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I wanted to let you know that so far, Ive made the alpaca and stingray, and so I send my thanks for having them available (and for free!!).

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

lovely lovely lovely

Miss Klutz said...

Hey, this was the first stuffie from your website I made. Funnily enough, I had no idea what alpacas were until my friend said they were her favourite animals. After Googling them, I immediately fell in love with in them, and was delighted when I came across your site. Unfortunately, my first attempt didn't quite look like an alpaca, but it still looked pretty cute and my friend was thrilled when I gave it to her!

Allison said...

Thanks so much for the pattern! It's adorable. This was the first plushie I ever made. I had so much fun! I'm giving it to my best friend for her birthday. Thanks again! =)

Tracey said...

Do you have a pattern for the saddle?? and how do I do the reins??

Thank you.

Tracey

Alpaca said...

Alpacas are the best fleece out there, strong and easy to clean.
https://www.winterbornalpaca.com/handmade-products.html