Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sweet Home, My Aunt's House

Ah, Chicago, my hometown... sort of. I was born in Oak Park, which is a quiet little suburb of Chicago. For all practical purposes, I'm a Chicago girl. That's not to say I can find my way from Randolph Street to Wrigley Field, mind you. I know the downtown only in particular bits and pieces.

Anyway, it's good to be back. As per the yuletide tradition, we've driven into town and are staying with my aunt in Oak Park. She's redecorated again -- it seems like every time we set foot in her place, the kitchen has been remodeled or the furniture has been rearranged and upholstered. I can't quite figure out what compels her to do it. A hobby, maybe? Expensive hobby, anyway. The house looks great, but it looked great before, and the time before that, and before that, too.

To go along with the remodeling this time, she even adopted a new dog. It's name is Monique. It is fat, it is friendly, and it has poo breath, making it the perfect companion to the other dog, Rosie, who is skinny, skittish, and smells like poo all over. (These are all compliments in the dog world, mind you.)

And, wouldn't you know it, I came up with the best plan for a mailbox doll on the way up here. All my nuigurumi supplies are back at home. Bah humbug.

No comments: